GOSPEL PROJECT - PROPHETS AND KINGS
GOD THE REVEALER
Israel and Judah, governed predominately by evil kings, continued to disobey God. God sent prophets like Elijah and Isaiah to reveal His power, love and faithfulness to His people. God reminded them of His plan to send a Rescuer, Jesus to take away their sin.
- JANUARY 7 - Elijah Confronted Evil Ahab - 1 Kings 18
The one true God defeated the prophets of Baal.
- JANUARY 14 - Elijah Ran From Jezebel - 1 Kings 19
God revealed Himself to Elijah in a whisper.
- JANUARY 21 - Elisha and Naaman - 2 Kings 5
God healed Naaman's skin disease.
- JANUARY 28 - God Called Isaiah - Isaiah 6
Isiah saw the holy God in His glory.
- FEBRUARY 4 - Isaiah Preached About the Messiah - Isaiah 53
God said the Messiah would be a suffering servant.
- FEBRUARY 11 - Hezekiah, Judah's Faithful King - 2 Kings 18-20
God answered Hezekiah's prayer.
GOD THE PURSUER
Despite His people's continued sin, God continued to pursue them. God used Hosea's life to show that He still loved Israel, though she was unfaithful. God called Jonah to the capital of a godless nation, showing that no one is beyond the reach of God's compassion. God used Joel to remind Judah that judgment was inevitable but that God is merciful and was ready to welcome them back.
- FEBRUARY 18 - Hosea, Prophet to Israel - Hosea 1-14
God loves people when they do not deserve it.
- FEBRUARY 25 - Jonah, Prophet to Nineveh - Jonah 1-14
God showed mercy to the Ninevites.
- MARCH 4 - Joel, Prophet to Judah - Joel 1-3
God warned His people to repent before the Day of the Lord.
JEREMIAH & CAPTIVITY
God called Jeremiah and used him to tell the people about the coming of a new covenant in which sin can be forgiven once and for all. Judah continued in sin and was removed from the land, but even during the captivity, God used Ezekiel to foretell the coming of Jesus, in whom people can find new life.
- MARCH 11 - God Called Jeremiah - Jeremiah 1
God chose Jeremiah as a prophet to the nations.
- MARCH 18 - Jeremiah Prophesied a New Covenant - Jeremiah 17 & 31
God promised a new and better covenant.
- MARCH 25 - Palm Sunday - Easter Lesson 1
- APRIL 1 - Easter Sunday - Easter Lesson 2
- APRIL 8 - Judah Was Taken Into Captivity - 2 Chronicles 36 & Jeremiah 38
God sent Judah into captivity because of their sin.
- APRIL 15 - Ezekiel Told About a Future Hope - Ezekiel 37
God planned to bring His people back to their land and give them new life.