We are beginning a new initiative at Oakwood this fall called the Gospel Project. Pastor Don will be preaching messages on Sunday mornings that will line up with what our children, teens, and small groups are learning throughout the week. We believe there will be great power in focusing all of us on one big idea and a key passage of scripture each week and we are thrilled to see the church family study through the whole Bible over the next few years. This approach will provide many benefits and opportunities for our families, as they can read and interact with each other over the same Scriptures and biblical topics at home during the week!
The Gospel Project is a chronological Bible study for Adults, Students, and Kids that examines how all of Scripture ultimately points to Jesus Christ. As we journey together from Genesis to Revelation, we will discover how God’s plan of redemption unfolds throughout Scripture and His mission continues today. Here are some key benefits of the Gospel Project:
- Chronological Study Plan that shows how the Bible is not just a collection of stories, but one unified story of God’s plan for redemption.
- Church-wide Discipleship Experience allows individuals and small groups as well as our children's ministries and student ministry to study along with the pastor's weekend messages.
- Family-friendly Approach equips parents to lead spiritual conversations in the home and build their children's faith.
- Essential Doctrines that help participants grasp the theological truths and central themes of the Christian faith.
- Missional Application that examines how the gospel encourages and empowers us to be mission driven.
The Gospel Project will highlight 99 key doctrines of the Christian faith from scripture, teaching them in a way that is understandable and engaging for participants. Click here to download an overview of the 99 Essential Doctrines.