Oakwood's new Care Ministry has recently been organized under the leadership of Denise Muhitch and a handful of other faithful servants working alongside her. In addition to the meal ministry, be watching in the coming weeks for information regarding encouraging our college students who are away from home, care packages for our military family members and more!
Meals Ministry Instructions:
The Care Ministry is initiating a way to easily and efficiently provide meals to those in need (after hospitalization, illnesses etc.). If you are willing to provide a meal for someone, you can sign up online with the simple steps below.
- Click here to go to www.lotsahelpinghands.com.
- Click Join a Community and type in Oakwood Community Church (you will need to establish and remember your password).
- Enter and submit your information under Join a Community. Once you have been approved and added, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Once approved, you can login and it will take you directly to Oakwood’s color-coded Calendar. Dates in green will have available meals needed for which you can choose to sign-up to provide. You can view the specific details by clicking on the meal. You will also be able to see which meals have already been signed up for.
- Click on the sign-up link if you want to commit to providing a meal. An email will be sent to you and the designated Coordinators (Rachell Roundy and Denise Muhitch) confirming that you have signed up for this meal. You will also receive reminder emails.
- Note that once you have signed up on the site you will get email alerts letting you know when there is a need.
- PLEASE NOTE: Signing up on the site does not obligate you in any way to provide a meal every time.
If you have any questions or problems with the signup, contact Rachell Roundy (813-928-8287) or Denise Muhitch (2484-818-0154) and we will be happy to help or even sign you up ourselves. If you do not email but would be willing to provide a meal, give us a call and we will see that you are contacted when there is a need.
If you are someone who would benefit from having some meals provided, or you know someone who could use this service, please let the office know or contact Rachell or Denise.