Oakwood's Care Ministry operates under the leadership of Denise Muhitch and a handful of other faithful servants working alongside her. The main functions of the Care Ministry includes providing a meal ministry (see the information and sign up instructions below), sending cards on behalf of the Oakwood family, providing funeral luncheons or dinners as needed and working with other opportunities as they come along to bless and care for our Oakwood family.
Meals Ministry Instructions:
The Meal Ministry provides a way to bless those in need (after hospitalization, illnesses, new baby, etc.) with home cooked meals. If you are willing to provide a meal for someone, you can sign up online with the simple steps below.
- Click here to go to www.lotsahelpinghands.com.
- Click Join a Community and type in Oakwood Community Church (you will need to establish and remember your password).
- Enter and submit your information under Join a Community. Once you have been approved and added, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Once you have signed up and been approved, you will receive email alerts whenever there is a need. Log in and it will take you to a color-coded calendar. Dates in green will have available meals needed for which you can view the specific details by clicking on the meal.
- Click on the sign-up link if you want to commit to providing a meal. An email will be sent to you confirming that you have signed up for this meal. You will also receive reminder emails.
- PLEASE NOTE: Signing up on the site does not obligate you to provide a meal every time there is a need. You can check the dates and decide if it is a time that you are able to help. All we ask is that you be willing to take a turn whenever possible.
If you have any questions or problems with the signup, contact Denise Muhitch (2484-818-0154) or Pam Reynolds (810-441-5168) and we will be happy to help!
If you are someone who would benefit from having some meals provided, or you know someone who would be blessed by receiving some meals, please let the office know or contact Denise or Pam.