Why should I give online?
While you can always give in person or via mail, many people prefer online giving for a number of reasons. You may relate to a few of these benefits:
- Consistency - Even when you are away from church, you can still be faithful and consistent in your giving so you won't have to worry about catching up when you get back.
- Simplicity - You can avoid distractions on Sundays by not having to fill out your check or search through your purse or wallet during the service, which can interrupt your worship experience.
- Convenience - As long as you have internet access, you can give anywhere, anytime. In today's world many people prefer to pay bills and do their banking online.
Is online giving secure?
We have partnered with Tithe.ly, the industry leader in church giving solutions, to ensure that the giving process is both simple and secure from beginning to end. We take data and payment information security very seriously. All sensitive financial information is stored with bank level security. All information transmitted to our banking partner and on our site is done via an encrypted HTTPS (SSL) connection; and stored by our banking partner to PCI DSS Level 1 compliant standards.
Will I receive a record of my contributions?
Yes. Immediately after giving online, you will receive an e-mail notice for that specific contribution. Each January, you will receive a year-to-date statement that details your giving history, including online giving, for the prior year.
What FEES are charged for different methods of giving?
There are processing fees associated with all forms of electronic or online giving if you give via Tithe.ly's Giving App, online (or via Oakwood's App) or using Text-to-Give. Here is a quick and simple estimate of the basic fees:
- CASH or CHECKS: No Fees!
- ACH/e-Check (via your bank routing & account number): ~1% fee
- CREDIT or DEBIT CARDS: ~2.9% fee
- COVER THE FEES OPTION: Tithe.ly includes a COVER THE FEES options for all forms of electronic giving. Please consider using this option to ensure the church is able to use the full amount of your intended gift for ministry purposes.
How do I change/cancel my recurring gift?
In order to change your auto recurring gift fund/designation, you will need to delete your existing recurring gift and then setup a new recurring gift. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.
Can I continue to give via cash or check?
Absolutely! You can always giving using cash or checks during Oakwood's public worship services, or you can mail checks to the church (Oakwood Community Church, 5791 Oakwood Road, Ortonville, MI 48462). There are NO FEES associated with giving cash or checks, so that allows all of your donation to go towards to the church's ministry! We simply understand that the majority of people today don't pay for much with cash or checks anymore, so we want to make giving easy and accessible for everyone.
Who do I talk to if I have more questions?
Contact the church office at 248-628-6388 and we'll be glad to answer any other questions you may have or connect you with Oakwood's Treasurer or Giving Coordinator.